Here are some things you can do to get engaged with emergency preparedness in your community.
- Find out if there is a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) in your neighborhood, or apply to start one. CERT educates citizens about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations.
- Join the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)
- Request a presentation on emergency preparedness for your community (Email Link)
- Join the City’s Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES) program. RACES establishes and maintains the leadership and infrastructure necessary to provide amateur radio communications in support of emergency management entities throughout the United States and its territories.
- Become a volunteer with one of our partner organizations.